Photo competition for visiting students
The Collaborations and Study Abroad Office invites entries to our photo contest for our visiting exchange and study abroad students.
This is your chance to share your experiences of studying in St Andrews and, if your submission is judged to capture best the theme outlined below, you could have the chance of winning some study abroad prizes. In addition, all photos submitted (winners and non-winners) may be used for publicity purposes in publications and on our webpages, giving you a fantastic opportunity to have your photos viewed by a worldwide audience!
Who can enter the competition?
All non-graduating students from universities outside the UK who have studied at the University of St Andrews in academic year 2016-2017 as either an exchange student or as a study abroad student.
‘My learning experience’ – we are looking for fun and creative photographs which portray your study abroad experience in St Andrews. Your photographs could be of a St Andrews location or event (University or town, inside or outside) that cleverly links to your learning at our institution. Be creative – even a selfie might fit the bill!
Please note that you should not take photographs during lectures, classes or labs.
Rules of entry
- You must be an undergraduate student who has studied at the University of St Andrews in academic year of 2016-2017. You should be either an exchange or study abroad student.
- By entering the contest, you give Collaborations and Study Abroad permission to use your photographs for publicity purposes, in publications and on our webpages.
- Photographs must be original and should be appropriate for use by the University in marketing activities.
- It is preferable if photographs are in a resolution of 300 dpi/1MB or higher.
- Please avoid taking close-up photos of children (under 16) in any indoor or outdoor setting.
- Photographs of individuals (over 16) and groups of adults are acceptable, but if take a close up shot, you must let the subject know that the photo may be used for publicity purposes, including the internet.
- A maximum of five photographs may be submitted per student.
- Photographs must be submitted as detailed below and by the published deadline.
The deadline for submission of photographs is Monday 28 November at 5pm.
Entries will be judged by the CSA Photo Competition Committee and the winners will be announced shortly after the deadline.
How to enter
- Decide on which five photographs you would like to enter into the competition.
- Give your photographs a title and add your name to the title.
- Complete the photograph release form as indicated and remember to give us a brief description of your photograph and how it links to the theme. (You do not have to sign the form; returning it to us by email will indicate that you are happy for us to use your photographs and profile.)
- Send your photographs and the photograph release form to our study abroad intern ([email protected]) by the deadline.
Things to remember
- Complete the photograph release form.
- Creative titles may help an entry to stand out, but please keep them short.
- Include your name in the title of the photograph (e.g. J. Bloggs Broadening of Horizons).
- Give a brief description of your photograph and how it relates to the theme listed above.
- Please identify anyone pictured in the photo and make sure you have their permission.
- If you would like to write a brief profile about your exchange or study abroad experience in St Andrews, then we would be delighted to receive this – please send it in with the photograph release form.
We look forward to seeing creativity and originality in your photographs. Good luck!